Tuesday, October 22, 2019

Downsizing Tip #1

Time To Downsize?

Decluttering and Donating

Downsizing Tip #1 - Take Photos

Are you or a family member facing the seemingly 

enormous task of downsizing?


Don't let tough decisions derail the entire process.

If sorting through sentimental items and heirlooms is stopping progress forward, 

suggest taking a picture.

Having a photo allows us to preserve the memory, even if we never look at it again.  

Speaking from personal experience, this works.

My Mom is downsizing - after nearly 50 years in her home.
As she packs up living room decor items 
I cringe to think of them being gone forever.  
They're the backdrop to my childhood.  Realistically, I can't keep all of them though.
If I saw those same things in a store would I buy them?
No.
The emotional and sentimental pull is strong  and taking a photo allows 
me to feel I've retained them.

Tonka toys to be donated.

If you're thinking of a move, we can help with more tips.  

We work on your timeline to get your home on the market.  

No pressure.  

Plus, we've got SO many resources to help with 

your personal situation.
Call Steve at 319-551-3375 or Judy at 319-551-3170.


No comments:

Post a Comment