Thursday, December 17, 2015

Favorite Things

Visit 320 Sycamore for this year's annual
"Favorite Things" party.


I always pick up new ideas and things to try.

Here are a few of my favorites:


1) Frasier Fir by Thymes

My favorite scent for Christmas.
I love all the products, but I splurge on the dish soap.
It fills your kitchen with that wonderful woodsy-Christmas scent.

It's amazing - you'll be addicted.
Laurel at 7037 C Avenue NE, Cedar Rapids has a variety of items.
It's a little expensive but worth it!


2) Vintage Wool ThrowsIf the thrill of the hunt isn't your thing, then these may not be as alluring to you. I love vintage wool throws AND the hunt!

They turn up at Goodwill and consignment stores quite reasonably.
Or, you can nab one on Etsy or ebay.


3) Sugar Paper Planners
I still prefer writing appointments in a planner, and these are great and reasonably priced. I've thrown over my Daytimer and use these instead.
Sugar Paper Planners
most from $5.99 - $14.99


4) All-time favorite book series -
Outlander Series by Diana Gabaldon.
A dear friend recommended these years ago and
I've recommended them to countless others.
If I was stranded and could choose one set of books, it would be these.


Outlander Series

And yes, I'd want the DVDs too, they're that good.



5) Craftsman LED Pocket light
I saw these at the checkout at Sears and thought they would make a great little gift.  Love that it has a magnetic base - handy to keep in the car.
Only $4.99!
Bought one for me too!



6) Downy Unstopables Fabric Booster

I had hoped this was a scented fabric softener, but it isn't.
It's just scent beads that you sprinkle in the washing machine.  But they smell fantastic!
After Victoria's Secret stopped selling their Gentle Affection
Lingerie Wash, I've been on the lookout for something that made clothes smell as good.
The "Shimmer" scent is my favorite.
I don't use it in all loads of laundry - it's kind of expensive for that, but I find it works best for washing the kids' coats, car seat covers, blankets and bed linens.
My car smells great from washing the car seat cover.
That sold me!
Under $10.00

6) Rosemary on my kitchen counter


If you like to use fresh herbs when you cook, try keeping some on your counter.  My rosemary plant is starting to look spindly, but I'm hoping I can nurse it back to health.  I love having fresh rosemary to add to recipes.  It has become my favorite herb.


No comments:

Post a Comment